Vermont Farm Fund
VFF operates as a true revolving loan fund - as the community of recipients pays back their loans, funds are replenished for the next cycle of borrowers.
The Vermont Farm Fund (VFF) is a program of the Center for an Agricultural Economy in partnership with Pete's Greens. The VFF provides no-hassle, friendly-term loans to Vermont farmers and food producers.
The result is a growing community of farmers lending money to farmers when it is most needed, in a timely manner, and without a lot of red tape.
The VFF offers two types of lending programs:
Business Builder Loans
- Support VT farms and food producers who want to invest and innovate for growth
- Range from $5,000 to $30,000
- Available at 3% amortized interest, to be repaid over a period of 24 to 48 months depending on loan size
- Qualifications: two years of operating history and a minimum of $20,000/year in revenues for smaller loans. Larger loans reserved for well-established businesses with a successful track record and strong credit history.
- Provide financing to begin the recovery process following a natural disaster
- Maximum loan amount is $10,000.
- 0% interest, payable over 24 months with flexible payment schedule
- Qualifications: VT farmers who have suffered a devastating loss due to an unexpected natural disaster that puts their farm or farming career in danger. Applications are reviewed within 10 business days and most loan funds are granted within 14 business days.
New Producer Loans
- Support new farmers and food producers who need funding for infrastructure on new property, or equipment for launching a value added food business
- Loans range from $5,000 - $20,000 at a 3% amortized interest for 24-60 months
- Available to businesses with less than 2 years of operating history
- Qualifications: New farmers and food producers who are located within Vermont. A written business plan with at least 2 years financial projections prepared with an outside technical assistance provider is required for applicants.
We accept applications on a rolling basis. To apply, download an application here. For additional information about the Vermont Farm Fund program please visit
Vermont Farm Fund
or contact the VFF Program Manager, Kristin Blodgett, at Kristin@hardwickagriculture.org.
Donate to the Vermont Farm Fund